6.19.2006

CAN'T GET A BREAK

The worst part of sitting in traffic is not ever seeing the cause of it. You sit in your car for an extra hour, surrounded by noxious fumes, ugly people, and cars for miles just to get to the end and find one police car and a roadside assistance truck on the side of the highway.

I watched two tow trucks, a cop car, and a fire truck pass me while sitting in a mile-and-a-half of dead-stop, bumper-to-bumper traffic this morning. I got to a spot where the traffic began to clear and there was nothing. I deserved to see at least a twisted mess of metal on the side of the road. I deserved a severed head or a splatter of gore or something. No. Nothing!

I had just suffered through an extra forty minutes of the second worst part of my day so that I could be late for the first worst part of my day. I get to my shitty job at nine instead of eight so now I have to stay until five instead of four. Everything fucking closes at five on a weekday! So there’s another day wasted and I didn’t even get to see someone hurt even though I rightly earned it by having to sit in traffic. Life can be so unfair sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home